Quick Vent, Version 1 – Instructions
Thank you for purchasing the Level 7 Performance Version 1 Quick Vent Oil Cap.
IMPORTANT! Before installing this product please read all instructions carefully. Failure to follow these instructions can result in damage to the part.
⚠ Never install or remove this product when the engine is hot
⚠ Always use a torque wrench when installing
⚠ Do not exceed 15Nm (11ft-lb) of torque on the inner screw
- With the engine at room temperature remove the existing oil cap.
- Apply a small bead of RTV gasket maker to the o-ring mating surface on the valve cover.
- Hand thread the inner screw into the valve cover and confirm that is spins freely. If it does not spin freely the valve cover threads may need to be cleaned up especially if the threads have been powder coated.
- Check that the o-ring is installed on the bottom of the cap housing and place the housing onto the valve cover.
- Using a 3/8″ ratchet extension, finger tighten the inner screw into the valve cover.
- Orient the cap to the desired direction and tighten to 15Nm (11ft-lb).
- Tighten the (2) -10AN fittings onto the cap.
- Route the -10AN hoses to a catch can/breather can being sure to avoid low spots where oil can become trapped. Trapped oil in the lines can block the flow and reduce the function of the part.
- Install the cap into the housing.
- Cap is coming loose during operation
- Check that the hoses are routed in a relaxed manner and are not causing an excessive torque on the cap. If the hoses are routed such that they cause an excessive counter clockwise torque on the cap, it could loosen over time.
- Catch can / Breather can is getting excessive oil accumulation
- On some engines, particularly F20C, oil can splash directly onto the cap which can cause a higher than normal buildup of oil in the breather can, especially if it is a non-return type configuration. In this case it may be necessary to add a stainless mesh material into the cap to provide additional baffling. This can be found in the form of a stainless scrubbing pad which should be inserted into the cap prior to installation.